This Saturday, July 9, from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday, July 10, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m, Ballard Seafood Fest (https://seafoodfest.org/) will take place off of Market Street, Ballard Ave, Leary and 22nd.
SeafoodFest originally began in 1974 as a community celebration of Ballard’s historic connection to the fishing industry and the neighborhood’s Nordic roots.
Today, this free two-day festival attracts over 65,000 people who come to enjoy the traditional salmon barbecue and much more: the lutefisk eating contest, local music, arts and crafts, family entertainment, a beer garden, a skate event, and yes – more seafood!
Extensive information on music, vendors and food/drink offerings for this year’s festival can be found at the festival website (https://seafoodfest.org/) and organizers encourage attendees to use Seafood Fest’s interactive map.
The Seattle area real estate market is very dynamic right now. In my opinion, some of this can be attributed to:
- Homes in our area are still in high demand, yet the inventory is outpaced by the demand, resulting is higher selling prices (those homes that do not sell within 21 days are overpriced and need to be reduced).
- Foreign investors are also willing to pay more than domestic buyers and often times in cash.
- WA state laws make it very easy to sue condo developers. You are starting to see more townhomes and apartments being built than condos.
- There is also a lack of available land to build on.
- Our area is still bringing in the jobs, and housing seekers with them.
- Lending practices have improved, and buyers are being held to a higher standard.
It is truly a Seller’s market right now and we don’t anticipate any cooling down. If you are interested in a no cost market analysis of your valued property, please call me at 205-369-2818.